Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions.
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
● You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
● Company (referred to as either "the Company," "We," "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Institute of Accountancy, LLC
● Affiliate means an entity that controls is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where "control" means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
● Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
● Website refers to Institute of Accountancy, accessible from iaccountancy.org
● Service refers to the Website.
● Country refers to: United Kingdom
● Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
● Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
● Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
● Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
● Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
● Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
● Email address
● First name and last name
● Phone number
● Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
● Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser. Learn more about cookies in the "What Are Cookies" article.
We use both session, and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
● Necessary / Essential Cookies
● Type: Session Cookies
● Administered by: Us
● Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
● Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
● Type: Persistent Cookies
● Administered by: Us
● Functionality Cookies
● Type: Persistent Cookies
● Administered by: Us
● Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time. You use the Website.
● Tracking and Performance Cookies
● Type: Persistent Cookies
● Administered by: Third-Parties
● Purpose: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website. We may also use these Cookies to test new pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how our users react to them.
For more information about the cookies we use and your choices regarding cookies, please visit our Cookies Policy.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
● To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
● To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
● For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
● To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
● To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
● To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
● With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to advertise on third party websites to You after You visited our Service, to contact You.
● For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
● With Business Partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
● With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
● Comply with a legal obligation
● Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
● Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
● Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
● Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Institute of Accountancy is committed to ensuring all data collected is protected across all aspects of our organisation, as per the guidelines set by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as it applies in the UK, tailored by the Data Protection Act 2018
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
Service Providers have access to Your Personal Data only to perform their tasks on Our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please Contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUND POLICY
Under this policy, you may cancel your purchase of the Course within the period of 14 calendar days from the date on which the contract of purchase is concluded. This is called a "Cancellation Period".
Note that if you redeem your voucher during the Cancellation Period, you expressly request us to begin providing the course materials and you acknowledge that you lose your right to cancel the purchase of the Course and get any refund for it.
In case you decide to cancel your purchase of a course, it can be done by contacting us.
If you cancel the purchase of a course within 14 calendar days as mentioned above, we will refund you for all payments made as a part of your purchase within 14 calendar days from the day we accept that you are entitled to a refund.
All external exam vouchers must be used within 6 months of purchase.
Although the Institute of Accountancy strives to offer the best prices, on occasion, as some courses are externally sourced, our prices may be above that of our suppliers. If you have purchased one of our courses and subsequently found it cheaper elsewhere, this reason alone, you will not be eligible for a refund.
Before you purchase a course from us, it is your responsibility to ensure that the Course is right for you. Our website displays relevant information on all the courses, and for some courses, even demos are available. However, it is to be noted that not having access to a demo will not give cancellation rights.
The detailed course information is designed to reduce the risk of you making the wrong choice. Read the course description and technical requirements. Access the sample course (where available) to check that the Course will run on your PC and that you are comfortable with the depth and style of the Course.
You can call one of our training advisors to discuss courses and confirm the details you have seen on the website to make an informed decision on which Course suits your personal requirements.
Do note that as some of the courses are sourced by us, you will be required to respond to a communication from our suppliers in order to gain access to the Course (s) you have purchased. Furthermore, please note that usually, the Institute of Accountancy can support any course access or user issues. However, in rare instances, we may need to contact our third-party developers on your behalf, and this may take up to 7 to 10 working days to gain a solution.
About 'Deposit', you should be aware that a deposit is a part-payment for the service (Course in our case). When you pay a deposit, it shows that you intend to buy a course and wish to enter into a contract with us. Please remember that deposits are non-refundable in nature unless statutory rights are applicable, whereby we are satisfied that it meets all the necessary requirements for it.
How long will it take to process my refund?
Please allow 14 working days for a refund to be processed.
● By visiting this page on our website: https://www.iaccountancy.org/contact/